Route 132 around Quebec's Gaspe Peninsula is really a great waterfront drive! Starting at Quebec City, you can follow Rt 132 around the entire Peninsula, returning though Amqui in Matapedia, and then back to Quebec City.
The St. Lawrence widens from a river to a sea as you drive and offers many interesting things to see and photograph including:
- Sainte Flaivie, with its bizarre sculptures fading into the sea
- Perce Rock, which has one of the largest natural arches in the world
- Parc National du Forillon at the tip of the Gaspe Peninsula
- The Lighthouse at Cap-des-Rosiers
- Cap Chat, with its windmills
- Beautiful sea coast, farm land, Adirondack-like forests and rivers
- Great Fromageries ( Cheese Gromit! Cheese! ) and Boulangeries (bakeries)!